Alex has an MA in Screenwriting and works full-time as a journalist, writing about goings on in north Worcestershire. She also runs one of the Young Writers’ groups for Writing West Midlands.
In 2013 she was one of six playwrights in the West Midlands chosen to be part of the Birmingham Rep’s Foundry scheme, for which she completed her first full-length play ‘Away’, and in 2014 she was part of Writing West Midlands’ Room 204 writer development programme.
At the moment she’s writing a play about unsent letters between two sisters, and she’s also in the middle of writing a first draft of her first novel, for young adults, about English folklore, witchcraft and the odd friendships that form out of loneliness when you’re a teenager.
Alex is the founder of, and contributor to Prompted Tales – take a look at fresh fiction by her and other emerging writers, served fresh every month.
Previous Cucumber credits:
Other writing includes:
- Woman in the Wall (play, produced at Theatr y Castell, Aberystwyth, 1998)
- Reaching Out (short screenplay)
- Roses and Castles (short screenplay)
- The Safe House (feature-length screenplay)
- The Last First Date (short play, received rehearsed reading at Birmingham Rep, 2012)
- Now It’s Over (short play, produced by the Birmingham Rep, 2013)
- Away (play, sections received rehearsed readings through Birmingham Rep Foundry programme, 2013)
- The White Rabbit of Etruria (monologue, produced as part of ‘Stories from Pub Corners’ at The Holy Inadequate, Stoke on Trent, 2014)
- Chamberlain and Chamberlain (short play, produced by Birmingham Rep Youth Theatre for a guided tour of the city, Birmingham, 2014)